Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Sweet Fellow

For my first Valentine’s Day as an engaged lady I thought I would write a little post about my absolute favourite fella. So here’s a list of why I think Matt is pretty much the best person in the world:


  • His blatant disregard for Canada's public nudity laws never fails to make me laugh.
  • He’s a genius.
  • He works hard and takes the important stuff seriously but understands that without a sense of humor life becomes dismal.
  • When we started dating I felt like I got a whole second family of loving wonderful people and I know he felt the same.
  • He’s really really ridiculously good-looking.
  • He makes me feel really ridiculously good-looking, even if I happen to be in my pajamas…at 2pm…on a Thursday.
  • He’s never ever too busy to do something absurd with me. Whether it's driving to other towns to take pictures of buildings at 10pm or dumping various pieces of furniture down a garbage chute just to see if they make a splendid smash.
  • He took my heart, which was kind of bruised, and smushed it back together to make it strong and shiny and better than it had ever been before.
  • He’s ridiculously enthusiastic about everything, whether it be that we’re having toasted tomato sandwiches for dinner or that we’re going to Cuba.
  • He makes me feel that nothing will ever be too scary or too tough to handle because I have him on my team.


We’re going to have a nice little evening at home with a home cooked meal, hockey, a bottle of wine, and maybe a little bit of Ben and Jerry’s (just a little) Update: we ate the whole tub. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sweetest post ever. Sidenote, you guys will really have cute wee children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They'll look sweet at the miniature farm. Happy Valentines to my lovely sisters as well!

    ReplyDelete